Thursday 6 January 2011

Sew and Tell - Holiday Recap


Why is it that every year I tell myself that I will start sewing presents early, only to get caught on December 23 frantically handsewing the last pieces close?  I guess I like to live under pressure, and I sure got plenty of that this year.  But it was well worth the trouble because I am glad of what I made and the little presents were appreciated by the recipients.

I made this simple bag for my sister Nathalie, who likes birds and purple.  The pattern is from a French book called "Tout en patch..." by Corinne Crasbercu, and you can see what it's all about here.  My sister and I actually exchanged our handmade gifts, she made some lovely crocheted items for me.


I couldn't resist the urge of making yet another of those lovely patchwork baskets from Pink Penguin.  This one, my fourth, was for my mother, and I filled it with japanese paper scraps for her scrapbooking and cardmaking, and with a few cross-stitched ornaments that I had made.


I also made her a couple of laundry bags (also from "Tout en patch...") that she will get to use in her upcoming trip to Cuba.


And as if I wasn't busy enough with the gift making, I decided on a whim to make a couple of chinese puzzles that we used in a game at our Christmas party.  They don't look like much, but trust me, they were a lot of work!


Want to see what everyone else made in December?  Hit the Sew and Tell button on my sidebar and find out on Amy's blog!

Sylvie

8 comments:

  1. You have been very productive! What a great bag you made for your sister! I have been wanting to make one of those patchwork bags - yours is just great! And I have never heard of anyone making fabric tangrams - I bet it was very challenging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. fabric tangrams? Are you serious! WOW, that's amazing!

    Also, I love that little bird print, you don't happpen to remember the name of that fabric do you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that bird print bag! I bet your sister loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the basket! I'm going to have to put that in my list of things to make, when my list isn't so long. It looks like it would be perfect for so many uses.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all great! I've made several of Ayumi's baskets. She has such wonderful projects.

    I really like your bags. Great finishes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You completed some really cute bags! I especially like the first bag with the purple birds. That fabric is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The rick rack laundry bags are too cute!

    Are those tangrams? What game do you play with them?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely finishes. The second bag is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete