Sunday 29 August 2010

This week's lucky finds

I have a confession to make. I don't like shopping. Usually. But once in a while, I get on a roll and make great finds. This week was one of those times. It started on Monday when I visited Carac'Terre, a pottery expo. I fell in love with the little teal pitcher above, which was handmade by a ceramic student, and I just had to have it. My luck started there when I got the cup as a freebie with my purchase. How cool is that?

On Tuesday I went to a clearance store just around the corner from my office. And look what I found!

Vintage cotton ribbon in great flower and veggie patterns. Yards and yards of them! For next to nothing, only 2$ a roll.

I then took a few days off from my shopping spree, until my boyfriend suggested we go to a flea market yesterday. How could I say no to him? And what did I find buried in a cardboard box under a counter? This colorful textured tin can, dating back to when you could still buy something that wasn't made in China. This one came from Holland.

And I just love the painted flowers on the cover.

And now, the "pièce de résistance", this pair of wicker chairs that I found on kijiji.ca and bought from a nice lady for 35$. We picked them up yesterday. Once accessorised with cushions and throws, they will be a great addition to our living room.

Don't you wish every week could bring such lucky finds?

I will be linking this post to Rhoda's Thrifty Treasures at Southern Hospitality. Go check her great finds of the week and all the other links.

1 comment:

  1. Those chairs are a great find. And your right, they will sure look great all dressed up with cushions and pillows.

    ReplyDelete