Friday 22 January 2010

Is it too late or way too early for Christmas stuff?

Honestly, I think it doesn't really matter as long as I enjoy what I am doing.

I realised, a few weeks before Christmas, that it would be nice to have some placemats for the season. Problem was, I did not have any holiday fabric and anyway I was much too busy with getting everything else ready for Christmas. Still, I ordered some fabric and received it during the holidays, but it is only now that I have time to sit down and sew what I had in mind.



My boyfriend wanted something very traditional as far as colors go, so he chose solid green and red fabrics to go along with the penguin pattern.



I, on the other hand, have a thing for the Be Merry fabrics, so I opted for brighter colors. I still need to quilt and add the bias, but I already am pretty satisfied with how it turned out, knowing that I did not use any pattern.


I am hoping to have time to finish them during the weekend, but today on my day off from work, I will definitely go play outside as the sun is finally back for a visit with some warm temperatures.

No comments:

Post a Comment