Monday 3 August 2009

A Walk Around my Yard

Its sunny and hot this afternoon, why don't you come for a little walk around my backyard with me?

Nasturtiums always make me smile, year after year. These flowers really mean summer to me;

Staghorn Sumac may have strange and uninteresting flowers, but its leaves turning bright orange in the fall are a real show;

This tree is a little mystery to me, I do not know what it is called. However, I never cease to admire it, from its abundant pink blooms in the spring to its scarlet berries in late summer;

And this is one of the reasons why I have so many birds in my backyard, food for all those little fruit lovers;

And some for me too, like these wild raspberries growing under the cedars;

Apples in my neighbour's yard. These won't be any good to eat, but they make a great splash of colour in the fall, and the flowers were such a treat for the eyes and the nose earlier this year;

Look who I found, hiding under the apple tree!

And this little Blue Jay might be the reason for the cat's presence...

This little guy is a real cutie, I found him hiding under the stock flowers;

And last, but not least, this is my little miracle: lupins that I started from seeds in the spring are giving me late blooms while I did not expect any before next year.

1 comment:

  1. Hello... I just discovered your Blog and I have enjoyed the "Walk" in your yard! The photos are lovely. We have the Lupine here in Maine, and the wild roses by the roadsides. Black-eyed Susan daisies are beautiful right now, also.
    I am your partner for the "Anything Goes" ATC Swap. I will probably be mailing them tomorrow. I am FROGGY42.
    So pleased to become acquainted with you. ~Gail

    ReplyDelete